Last Modified: June 18, 2017
Information We Collect
We collect three main types of information from or about you or your devices: (1) information you provide us directly, (2) device sensor data through the Sense360 Technology, and (3) other information automatically collected when you visit our website or use our apps.
Information You Provide Us
- Contact or registration information. If you contact us or create an account for our customer Dashboard, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, phone number, and information about your company. We will also collect any information which you provide to us through your communications with us.
Information We Collect Through the Sense360 Technology
- Sensor data. When you install a Sense360 Enabled App on your device, the Sense360 Technology enables that device, subject to your consent, to gather and send us data from its GPS receivers, accelerometers, barometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, and other sensors, including, but not limited to, information about ambient light, Wi-Fi status, installed apps and about your device’s location, acceleration, and orientation.
- Location data. We may obtain information about your physical location at regular intervals when you use a Sense360 Enabled App through our analysis of sensor data sent by your device. This may include our use of geolocation features on your device, or by inference from other information we collect, such as nearby Wi-Fi signals or your device’s IP address. You may opt out of this collection as explained in the Privacy Options and Settings section, below.
- Survey data. When you use a Sense360 Enabled App, we may present you with surveys that ask questions related to sensor data we collect or ask you market research questions. These surveys will not ask you to provide any personally identifiable information and your participation in them is completely optional.
- Device identifiers. If you are using an Android or iOS device, we may collect your mobile device’s advertising ID, but we do not attempt to personally identify you using this ID. You may opt out of this collection as explained in the Privacy Options and Settings section, below.
- Information from third parties. We may collect information about you or your device from third parties, such as our customers and marketing research partners. For example, we may use your mobile device’s advertising ID to receive additional information about advertisements displayed on your device. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you or your device.
We endeavor to avoid collecting any information through the Sense360 Technology that personally identifies you unless you opt in to our collection of such information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that we will never inadvertently collect such information without consent, such as if you choose to include personally identifiable information in your response to a survey question.
Other Automatically Collected Information
- Device information. When you use our Services, we receive information about your device, such as IP address, web browser characteristics, and mobile operating system version.
- Usage data. When you use our website or apps, we collect information about your activities, such as the pages you view or the features you use.
- Cookies and Related Technologies. When you visit our website, we and our third party service providers receive and record information on our server logs from your browser and from cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our website, you may not be able to utilize the features of our website to their fullest potential.One of the third party services that we use to track your activity on the Service is Google Analytics. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of the website, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/). You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect through the Sense360 Technology to:
- Draw inferences about your whereabouts or about activities in which you are then engaged (collectively, “Contextual Inferences”).
- Generate analytics or market research reports.
- Improve our proprietary algorithms and other technology.
We use information you provide us and other automatically collected information to:
- Provide, improve, and maintain, our products and services.
- Communicate with you.
- Prevent fraud and otherwise protect our or third party rights or interests.
We may de-identify or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any lawful purpose, including marketing purposes.
How We May Share the Information We Collect
- Aggregate and non-identifying information. We share aggregate and non-identifying information such as analytics and market research reports with our partners for their own business purposes. These reports combine data from multiple apps, do not contain any information about specific individuals, and show only general and aggregated data about trends in consumer behavior.
- Vendors and service providers. We may share any information we collect with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Legal obligations. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we collect if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (i) comply with laws, law enforcement requests, and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy or liquidation where the business will not continue as a going concern, receivership, sale of Sense360 assets, or transition of our Services to another provider, then any information we collect may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- We may disclose your information with your permission.
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
Privacy Options and Settings
- Location data. We do not collect location data unless you have allowed your Sense360 Enabled App to access location services on your mobile device. You may stop our collection of location data by turning off location services for your device or for the Sense360 Enabled App, if your device allows you to do so. Please refer to your device’s settings or user manual for your device for instructions on how to turn off location services.
- Device identifiers. You may opt out of our collection of your mobile device’s advertising ID by enabling the global interest-based advertising opt-out option appropriate to your device. Please note that opting out via this setting will not affect our use or sharing of any information we have already collected. For more information regarding these advertising IDs and their options, please visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3405269 for Android devices or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074 for iOS devices.
- Marketing communications. Each marketing email communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing communications. You may also contact us as indicated below to have your name removed from our email mailing lists. Please note, however, that on occasion we may send service-related announcements to our customers, such as disruption notifications, via email and you may not be able to opt-out of these communications.
Protecting the Information We Collect
Third Party Privacy Practices
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information, as defined by the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule, from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, then you may alert us via our contact information below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
If you have any questions or suggestions, or otherwise would like to contact us, you can reach us via our Contact Page.